Types of Employment Opportunties that the CVRD has to Offer
Clicking on this link will take you to all employment opportunities
available at the CVRD.
Clicking on the links below will take you to employment opportunties in that category.
- Administrative Support (including Secretarial, cashier/receptionist)
- Daycare / Preschool / Childcare
- Economic Development
- Engineering (including Sewer and Water, Utilities and Solid Waste Management, Engineering Techologists, Environmental Technologists)
- Food and Beverage
- Human Resource / Payroll / Occupational Health and Safety
- Information Technology and GIS
- Operational Support (including Maintenance)
- Parks, Recreation and Culture (including Parks positions, Program Assistants, Programmers, Youth Outreach, Skate Patrol, and Theatre positions)
- Planning and Development (including Building Inspectors, Bylaw Enforcement, Planning)
- Public Safety Services
Temporary, Part Time, Casual and/or Seasonal, and Summer Employment Opportunities
Employment opportunties that are temporary, part time, casual, and/or seasonal in nature will be posted on this website by category, as they become available to the public and may be advertised in local newspapers. Covering letters and resumes for these employment opportunities are received in the Human Resources Department.
Summer students are hired for a two-four month period commencing in May of each year. Types of summer student employment opportunities include: Parks Crew, Recreation Leaders, Swim Instructors/Lifeguards, Solid Waste Management Assistant, and GIS Technician to name a few.
CVRD Summer Student Program
Sign Up to Receive E-Mail Notifications of Employment Opportunities
Don’t let opportunities pass you by…sign up!
Did you know that you can sign up to receive an e-mail notification when employment opportunities are posted?
- Click on the Internal Employment Opportunities Page.
- Click on the green speaking bubble “Job Posting Notification", near the top of the page.
- Scroll to the top of this “Notify Me” page and enter your e-mail address.
- Scroll down to the “Job Postings” section and click in the boxes that represent areas of interest for you.
You are done! You will now receive an e-mail notifying you when job opportunities are posted in your area of interest.