Sign Up for Emergency and Routine Notifications
Thank you to those who have signed up! We are already up to 997!
Please encourage others to sign up too - receive phone, text & email information!
We want to make sure our residents and visitors are safe and informed. We are implementing the CivicReady mass notification solution as a communication service available to residents and visitors to receive emergency and routine notifications. You have the ability to customize your notification preferences by signing up below. Communication can be received through email, text and/or phone call according to your selections and based on address locations that you specify. The information you provide is confidential and will not be shared beyond this system. To ensure broad usefulness the system may be utilized by municipalities, first nations, school districts, etc.
All information is retained in Canada as per Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy legislation.
We will contact you through CivicReady in the event of an emergency or other routine events based on your subscription preferences.
Emergency Notifications may include:
Routine Notifications may include:
NOTE: This notification system is in development so check back occasionally and update your profile to sign up for other information groups you might like to join.
Emergency Public Information Resources
When Internet is available, vital information will be updated regularly on the CVRD website and the Emergency Management icon will display as follows:
|Routine Information available:|
|Emergency Response with limited impact.|
Action may be required!For details check Emergency Information
|Emergency Response with extensive impact.|
Action is required!For details check Emergency Information
- Radio - 89.7 JUICE FM is our primary local emergency information media (keep a battery, wind-up and/or solar powered radio easily accessible).
- Inquiry Centre - toll free number may be issued during a time of major disaster.
- Follow us on Facebook or Twitter by clicking on the social media icons above
- Marquee signs around the community (i.e. Island Savings Centre, Thrifty Foods, etc.) may provide emergency information.
- Emergency Management BC provides regular provincial updates at EmergencyInfoBC
- Canadian Red Cross - Helps finding loved ones in a major disaster area (family reunification).