2017 By-Election Electoral Area B- Shawnigan Lake

General Information:

Qualified Electors of Electoral Area B - Shawnigan Lake are advised that a By-Election will be held on September 30, 2017 to elect a Director to fill the position for the remainder of a term expiring in the fall of 2018. In addition to general voting day, two advance voting opportunities will take place on September 20 and 26, 2017.  

Residents who are eligible electors, but not on the Voters List, may register on the day they vote. No advance registration is available as the CVRD has adopted the most current Provincial List of Voters for this specific By-Election. Following the By-Election any newly registered Resident Property Electors will be added to the Provincial List of Voters.

The CVRD maintains its own Non-Resident Voters List (people who own property in the electoral areas of the CVRD but live elsewhere). Non-Resident Property Electors who wish to register in advance may do so until 4:00 p.m. on August 8, 2017.  Eligible Non-Resident Property Electors may also register at the time of voting. To apply to register as a Non-Resident Property Elector please stop in to the Regional District Office at 175 Ingram Street in Duncan, during regular office hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays. Two pieces of identification and proof that you are the registered owner of the property are required. The application and consent form is available for download here.  

For your convenience, a quick overview of qualifications is listed below with detailed information available in this Notice. 

Am I qualified resident elector?
Canadian Citizen ✔
18 years of age or older on general voting day ✔
Resident of BC for at least 6 months ✔
Resident of Electoral Area B - Shawnigan Lake for at least 30 days ✔
Not disqualified by any enactment from voting or disqualified by law ✔

Voter Eligibility Dates - Six Month BC Residency:
April 1, 2017 if voting September 30, 2017
March 27, 2017 if voting September 26, 2017
March 21, 2017 if voting September 20, 2017

What if I am a non-resident elector?
Must meet the resident qualifications above PLUS
Be a registered owner of real property in Area B for at least 30 days ✔
Not be entitled to register as a resident elector ✔
Consent obtained (more than one owner). ✔

If you require further information please review the notice below, or give us a call at 250.746.2503 or 1.800.665.3955.

Obtaining a Nomination Package:

So you want to run for office? Please proceed to our Candidate Nominations page for detailed information.