Solid Waste Management Plan
The CVRD is updating the Solid Waste Management Plan. The Plan contains important information on waste disposal and reduction, and provides a long-term vision for managing waste in our region. The Plan was last updated in 2006, and is due for amendment to ensure that it continues to reflect regional solid waste management goals and objectives.
The CVRD is seeking public input on a new draft Solid Waste Management Plan. The Plan will guide the region’s municipal waste management over the next ten years. Attend an open house to provide input to the regional vision for waste management, learn about proposed waste management strategies, and comment on waste reduction targets and goals.
- Lake Cowichan – Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Cowichan Lake Recreation Centre Multi-Purpose Hall, 311 S Shore Rd
- Cobble Hill – Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Cobble Hill Farmer’s Institute Hall, 3550 Watson Ave
- Saltair – Wednesday, September 12, 2018, 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saltair Community Centre, 3850 South Oyster School Road
To receive notifications about the upcoming amendment and website updates, select Recycling & Waste Management section on the Notify Me sign up page.
Input from residents is critical to developing effective strategies for managing waste. Join us to learn more about the state of waste management in the region, and share your thoughts on how we can improve. Connect with PlaceSpeak below to join the conversation.
- Solid Waste Management Plans
- Technical Memos
- Plan Advisory Committee
- Background Reports
- Presentations and Storyboards