Development Services Division
COVID-19 Service Level Advisory
While CVRD staff continue to process current applications, new applications will also be accepted. As the CVRD administrative offices begin to re-open in a limited capacity, applicants are asked to follow the guidelines below:
- Contact CVRD staff at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE submitting an application.
- Development applications (permits, variances, bylaw amendments), including all required supporting documentation, must be submitted electronically in PDF format to email@example.com.
- Fees will only be accepted by mail or courier via cheque or money order payable to the Cowichan Valley Regional District, 175 Ingram Street, DUNCAN BC V9L 1N8.
- Any applications involving public hearings will likely be delayed for the duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency to support mandated social distancing.
Development Services Overview
The Development Services Division is responsible for implementing current land use planning standards. Planners within this Division are charged with the task of preparing Zoning Bylaws for each electoral area that set out land use planning standards.
Development Application Process
After an application is received and reviewed by a Planner it may go through a variety of steps prior to final approval/issuance. These may include:
- Referrals to CVRD Departments and External Agencies
- Electoral Area Services Committee (EASC)
- Public Hearing (for Rezoning applications)
- Regional Board
Please refer to the Development Handbook for more information.
Bylaws and Permits
- Agent Authorization File Request Form
- Contaminated Site Profile Schedule 1 and 2
- Covenant Amendment or Release Application Form
- Landscape Bond Form
- Permit Application Form
- Pre-Application Meeting Form
- Sign Permit Application Form
- Special Event Permit Application Form
- Strata Conversion Application Form
- Temp Use Permit Application Form