Development Services Division
Development Services Overview
The Development Services Division is responsible for implementing current land use planning standards. Planners within this Division are charged with the task of preparing Zoning Bylaws for each electoral area that set out land use planning standards.
Development Application Process
After an application is received and reviewed by a Planner it may go through a variety of steps prior to final approval/issuance. These may include:
- Referrals to CVRD Departments and External Agencies
- Electoral Area Services Committee (EASC)
- Public Hearing (for Rezoning applications)
- Regional Board
Please refer to the Development Handbook in the Resources section of this page for more information.
Current Development Applications
Below are lists of Development Applications made to the Development Services Division, July 2018 to present, by application type. Files are processed by priority and in the order received. Check back periodically for updates.
*The Provincial Agricultural Land Commission is the approving authority for Agricultural Land Reserve applications and submits referrals to CVRD for comment.
*BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure is the approving authority for Subdivision applications and submits referrals to CVRD for comment.
Bylaws and Permits
- Agent Authorization File Request Form
- Contaminated Site Profile Schedule 1 and 2
- Covenant Amendment or Release Application Form
- Landscape Bond Form
- Permit Application Form
- Pre-Application Meeting Form
- Sign Permit Application Form
- Special Event Permit Application Form
- Strata Conversion Application Form
- Temp Use Permit Application Form