Elections / Referenda

Local Government Elections

General Local Government Elections: 

The next Local Government Elections will be held on Saturday, October 20, 2018.

Information For Candidates

General information for Candidates for Electoral Area Director is available here.

Voter Registration and Qualifications: 

Are you on the Voter's List for the next General Local Government Election? 
Resident Voters that moved to the Cowichan Valley or turned 18 prior to May 29, and were registered with Elections BC will appear on the Voters list.  If your name is not listed you may register at the time of voting.   
Non-Resident Voters (people who own property in the CVRD but live elsewhere), can apply to register as a Non-Resident Property Elector prior to voting day at the Regional District Office, 175 Ingram Street in Duncan, during regular office hours, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding statutory holidays. You must provide two pieces of identification and proof that you are the registered owner on title. If the property is owned jointly with other individuals, you must also provide written consent of the majority of all the owners to vote as the non-resident property elector in relation to the property. Only one non-resident may voter per parcel.

Application and consent forms for CVRD Electoral Areas or the Thetis Island Local Trust Area can be downloaded here. For more detailed information about registration procedures, contact the Legislative Services Division at 250.746.2503 or 1.800.665.3955.

Contact Us:

Chief Election Officer
E-mail: kharrison@cvrd.bc.ca

Deputy Chief Election Officer
E-mail: scarlow@cvrd.bc.ca