This is the official source for emergency information from the CVRD.
This is where the CVRD will post notices about local emergency declarations, emergency evacuation alerts, orders and rescinds and updates from the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) if the EOC is active.
BOOKMARK this page for future reference.
There are no updates at this time.
Evacuation Alerts, Orders and Rescinds
There are currently no evacuation alerts or orders.
This white logo rotating on the homepage indicates there is no major emergency or disaster in the region at this time. If there is no major emergency, this logo may be replaced by other more pressing issues.
This yellow logo rotating on the homepage indicates that there is an emergency occurring such as a wildfire, flood or other situation and this is where you can get up-to-date information on the situation and its potential impacts.
What You Can Do to Stay Up-To-Date
Monitor before an emergency happens:
- River Forecast Centre – for flood and freshet conditions and advisories
- BC Wildfire – for fire danger information
- ECCC (weather) – BC weather conditions and forecasts
Stay informed during active emergency events:
- Right here, on the CVRD Emergency Information page
- BC Wildfire – for current wildfire activity
- MOE Spills Info – for spill incident overviews
- Emergency Info BC – for provincial advisories
- Local radio stations and newspaper
To report specific types of hazards:
- Potential floods, landslides, spills or other hazards (24 hr): Provincial reporting line: 1-800-663-3456
- Wildfire: BC Wildfire reporting line: 1-800-663-5555 or *5555 on a cell
- Downed power lines or other electrical hazards: BC Hydro 1-800-224-9376 or *HYDRO (*49376) on your mobile or 911 if there is an immediate fire hazard.
- A gas leak: FortisBC Emergency Line: 1-800-663-9911 or 911
- A problem on a highway: Drive BC
Being prepared will help you and your family get through a disaster. Visit the Emergency Preparedness page for helpful tips and resources.