Welcome to the Career Centre
Employment opportunities are posted as they become available to the public and may be advertised in local papers or on social media.
- Cover letters and resumes are received in the Human Resources Division.
Work Where You Live
Consider bringing your talent to our dedicated team providing diverse services to the community. We promote a healthy and supportive workplace and offer:
- career and professional development
- competitive wages and benefits
We look forward to speaking with you about employment opportunities.
How to Apply on an Employment Opportunity
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, clearly quoting the competition number, by the deadline indicated in the Application Instructions section on each Employment Opportunity. You may apply using one of these methods:
- by Email (in either Microsoft Word or PDF format) - preferred method
- in-person dropped off at the CVRD Main Office at 175 Ingram Street in Duncan, BC.
- by mail to: Human Resources Department, 175 Ingram Street, Duncan, BC V9L 1N8
- by fax 250.746.2522
Applying on several available Employment Opportunities at a time
Each employment opportunity is given consideration separately. A cover letter and resume, clearly quoting the competition number is required for each employment opportunity.
By Submitting your Cover Letter and Resume you:
- Certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct, and that you understand that any information provided in your application, assessment documents or processes, and/or in an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate you from further consideration for employment and may result in your dismissal.
- Understand and agree that if you are offered a position that falls within a bargaining unit, membership is compulsory, union dues will be deducted, and your contact information will be provided to the union.
- Understand and agree that if you are offered a position, you will comply with the terms and conditions of employment as outlined in the appropriate collective agreement (if applicable) and abide by CVRD policies and procedures.
- Agree to show proof of valid driver’s licence, driver’s abstract, professional licenses, and/or education when such certifications are a requirement of the position.
- Agree to complete a police information check at your expense.
Application Process Timeline
Only applicants being actively considered for an interview will be contacted. Typically, applicants not contacted within one month following the closing date of an employment opportunity are not being considered.
Thank you for your Interest
We encourage you to apply on posted employment opportunities of interest to you.
Types of Employment Opportunities:
- Regular Full Time, Regular Part Time
- Temporary Full Time, Temporary Part Time
- Casual, On-Call (may be ongoing or seasonal in nature)
- Student - practicum and summer student
Sample Areas of Employment:
- Water Management (such as sewer and water utilities and Engineering Technologists)
- Recycling & Solid Waste Management (such as Environmental Technologists, Recycling Facility Leaders, Truck Drivers and Equipment Operators)
- Capital Projects
- Environmental services (such as Environmental Analysts)
- Administrative support
- Information Technology and GIS
- Human Resource / Payroll / Occupational Health & Safety
- Recreation (such as Programmers, Program Assistants, Youth Outreach, Skate Patrol, daycare/preschool/childcare)
- Food & Beverage
- Arts & Culture (such as Performing Arts Centre and theatre)
- Transit planning
- Facility maintenance (such as maintenance and ice making)
- Public Safety services
- Planning & Development
- Parks & Trails
- Building/Plumbing Inspection and Bylaw Enforcement
- Economic Development
Don’t Let Employment Opportunities Pass You By
Sign up to receive Email notifications. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the Employment Opportunities Page
- Click on the Green Speaking Bubble “Job Posting Notification”, near the top of the page.
- Scroll to the top of this “notify Me” page and enter your Email address where indicated.
- Scoll down to the “Job Postings” section and click on the boxes for the type of employment opportunities of interest to you.
You are done. You will receive an Email when an employment opportunity is placed on the website.
Learn More about the Human Resources Division
The Human Resources Division is a group of passionate professionals who take pride in making a difference in the lives of the people working at the CVRD.
We provide support, facilitation, and coaching in the areas of:
- Staffing (recruitment)
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Payroll and Compensation Management
- Employee Labour Relations
- Employee Wellness and Occupational Health & Safety
- Organizational Learning and Development
Our purpose is to ensure we have diverse, motivated, and skilled people working together to deliver effective services to the community.
We aspire to be client focused, solution oriented, innovative, and creative in the delivery of our HR Services.
The principles that drive us are: